Every dentist highly recommends proper brushing, flossing, and rinsing practices at home. They believe that it is an effective first line of defense against any dental complications. Scheduling visits every six months works best because the dentist can track the patient’s overall oral condition. Did you know that there is a specific dental treatment that can maximize all these?
At Falls Lake Dental, we want to provide only the best dental care services to achieve optimum results. We offer dental sealants for added protection and fluoride applications to keep away harmful substances like bacteria, plaque, and acids. These substances can lead to several oral issues if left unattended like cavities and gum disease.
The primary focus of sealants is to cover the deep portions of the teeth which are referred to as fissures and pits. The teeth that can benefit from sealants the most are the molars and premolars. The fissures and pits are usually deep enough to be reached by toothbrush bristles, therefore making the surface more vulnerable to cavities. Children are not the only ones who can benefit from sealants, adults who do not have cavities and fillings can also avail the treatment! To convince more people about the importance of dental sealants to oral health, here are some of the reasons to consider.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) states that dental sealants can prevent up to 80% of cavities for the first two years and 50% after four years.
- Children who underwent the treatment have healthier teeth compared to those without it.
- Those who tend to be anxious during dental procedures need not worry because sealant application is quick and painless.
- Sealants can prevent the development of any oral complications that may require intensive procedures.
- The earliest signs of cavities can be stopped from worsening.
- It can smoothen the surface of the teeth for easy access when cleaning.
- Saves children from dental pain and worries by serving as an early preventive measure.
- With proper dental hygiene practices, dental sealants can last for years! Scheduling regular dental visits allow the dentist to check if there is any need for reapplication.
Get added protection for you and your child’s teeth with Sealants in Raleigh, NC. Book your appointment with Falls Lake Dental! Our dental office is located at 8470 Falls of Neuse Road #200, Raleigh, NC 27615.