A dentist can perform sedation and it has proven to be an innovation that many people can benefit from. Multiple options are made available, and it does not solely focus on people who feel scared or anxious during dental procedures. It can help anyone at any age with special needs to receive the necessary dental treatments to ensure their overall health and wellness.
It is a procedure that uses medications that can either be inhaled, taken orally or injected to induce a feeling of calmness to patients. All of its options are guaranteed safe to use for anyone at any age.
At Falls Lake Dental, we offer only the best dental services to ensure the maintenance of our patients overall dental health. To guarantee their safety and total comfort, we provide Sedation Dentistry options such as Oral and painless injectables for their dental care and maintenance.
Who are Candidates for Sedation Dentistry?
- Fear of blood, needles, or dental equipment
- Feeling anxious when thinking about dentists or dental chair
- Dental anxiety or phobia
- Severe gag reflex
- High teeth sensitivity
- Acute or Chronic jaw soreness
- Physical limitations (back or neck problems)
- Low pain tolerance
- Bad experience
Sedation dentistry has multiple levels that can be adjusted by the dentist depending on several factors. These factors include the condition of the patient and also the length, number, or type of dental procedures to be performed. The levels of sedation range from minimal, moderate, to deep. It can either leave the patient fully awake, at the edge of consciousness or entirely unconscious for their optimal comfort.
Benefits of Sedation Dentistry
- It allows people to feel at ease during dental treatments for them to be able to receive the necessary procedures they need for the maintenance and care of their dental health.
- The patient can either be awake or fully unconscious depending on their preference or the dentist’s recommendation.
- They can also stay relaxed throughout the procedures without triggering any pain or discomfort.
- It also lets the dentist perform dental procedures more effectively and efficiently.
- Helps patients cope with the sounds, equipment, and smells at a dental office for them to be more comfortable for their next dental appointment.
- It can help in reducing or even minimizing pain, discomfort, and pain for patients with special needs to receive the dental treatments they need without any worries.
Everyone deserves comfortable, painless, and outstanding dental care services. We provide Conscious Sedation in Raleigh, NC. Book your appointment with us at Falls Lake Dental and let us help you achieve a beautiful and healthy smile!